Home Staging is on the rise and ever increasing in popularity. With thousands of homes on the market in each city, the competition for homeowners to sell their home can be rather daunting at times. It’s imperative to set your home apart to get the most viewings and ultimately the most offers to sell!
Home Staging is the art of designing a home to sell by creating more attractive and inviting spaces by re-arranging furniture and accessories, editing décor pieces, selecting colors, de-cluttering, recommending curb appeal and small repairs as well. Staging is NOT decorating. Decorating implies you intend to stay and it is made personal to the homeowner. Home Staging is where the home is de-personalized whereby potentials buyers can envision themselves living there. Staging is ALL about the buyer.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Get Your Home Staged:
1. You will Make More Money U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged house sells, on average, 17% higher than a non-staged house.
2. Your House Will Sell Faster The New York Village Voice reported that the average number of days on the market for a staged house was 13.9 versus 30.9 days for an un-staged house.
3. The Cost of Staging, Doesn’t Cost A Penny… In a 2003 HomeGain Survey of over 2000 Realtors it was discovered that sellers who spent up to $1000 Staging their home recovered almost 200% of the cost in the sale of their home.
4. Most Home Sellers Cannot View Their House Objectively Our homes are like are children, we don’t see their flaws. You need to prepare for what a buyer desires in a home and make them your priority when preparing your home for a sale.
5. You’ll get great Internet Photos Since a reported 73% of home buyers look at the internet listings before ever booking a showing or buying a home, it is so important to get the best photos to show off your home. A Home Stager will create an inviting atmosphere that is conveyed in the photos posted online. We can even snap the digital photos and send them to you and your Realtor!
6. Only 7% of homebuyers can visualize the potential of a home That’s why staging a vacant home is critical! You don’t want the benefits of your beautiful house left up to the buyer’s imagination. An empty home lacks warmth and the cozy feelings of home.
7. Studies show that the longer your home stays on the market the lower your selling price will ultimately be… Don’t settle for less and lower your price…have your house staged. The cost of staging is always less than that of your first price reduction!
8. The Money You make is TAX FREE! Take advantage of your tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar you can in the selling price of your home.
9. Leaving Your House in an “AS IS” Condition Will Help Sell the Competition Right now the number of homes for sale on the market is at a record high, competition is getting stiff and buyers have an expectation when they walk through your door.
10. Realtors will show YOUR Home Realtors will be more inclined to show a professionally staged home as it has the finished, fresh appearance that buyers crave. More showings results in more offers, and the best price!