A career in home staging can be extremely rewarding and fulfilling. It is a relatively easy business to get into; with few, if any, entry barriers – and it can be a lot of fun! Imagine having a high-paying career that you love which enables you use your natural creativity and talent to help people sell homes quickly and for higher prices.
As long as you have the desire, you can be a success in the business. No special certification, accreditation or experience is necessary to have a highly successful career. You don’t have to be an Interior Designer or have any advanced skills; all you need to do is register a business and open a bank account and you’re in business!
However, like anything worthwhile you will require a dogged determination and a strong desire to succeed. While starting a business can be exciting and fun, there will be some tough times.
Before you make any decisions you need to ask yourself the following questions:
– How excited will I be about fixing people’s homes so that the properties have a broad appeal to a large number of potential buyers?
– How much time and energy am I prepared to put in to learn as much as I can about this industry?
– How much effort am I willing to put in to expand my professional network and to build my client base?
– How much time am I willing to invest in this new career path?
– Do I have the passion and enthusiasm needed to build my own career and to stick with it even if times get tough?
– Am I willing to learn and re-educate myself as the industry continues to grow and evolve?
There are many home staging courses to teach you and coach you into becoming a successful business owner. These courses are relatively inexpensive and there are a number of reputable courses available on the Internet, some of which can help you get your business up and running quickly and easily.
As a professional stager you can realistically expect to earn a starting salary of anywhere between $35 and $75 per hour (obviously your level of earnings depends on how much of your time and effort you are willing to invest).
There are a number of options you have when starting your business, you might choose to be a consultant, giving people ideas to help them stage their home, or you might do hands-on home staging yourself.
There are a number of services you can offer which allows you to build your business around your strengths and preferences:
– Transformation Consultation
– Full Service Staging
– Staging Lived-In Homes using Furniture and Accessory Rentals
– Vacant Home Staging
– Curb Appeal Staging