Better Real Estate Listing Presentation : One of the time – tested, adages, of the real estate industry, is, the agent, who controls the listings, dominates and controls, the market! Therefore, after more than four decades of creating and developing leadership and sales skills/ assets, for thousands of individuals, and over a decade as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have generated, a number of ideas, and suggestions, which might make, individuals, articulate a far better, effective presentation. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine, review and discuss, a time – tested, 6 – step approach, to articulating, and giving a better real estate listing presentation.
1. Listen; learn objectives/ needs: Far too often, someone, in the enthusiasm, and desire to make their point, jumps right into it, rather than taking the time, and making a concerted effort, to listen, effectively and thoroughly, to the objectives, needs, and concerns of the homeowner, and their potential client! A reality of human nature, is everyone seeks someone, who is empathetic, and prioritizes their personal needs, and will dedicate themselves, to the finest level of service, etc.
2. Put client’s interests first: How will you make others feel more comfortable, unless/ until, they are convinced, you will place their interests first? When you listen carefully, and commit to answering their questions, and addressing their concerns, you take an important, first – step. in that direction!
3. Discuss benefits/ not services: Many agents believe presenting the wide variety of services, they, and their broker, provide, will help them acquire the listing, by convincing the homeowner, it will help them. However, while industry members realize and understand, the benefits of these services, most others might not, and, therefore, one should explain a specific service, in term of what the homeowner has already said, and showing how, it benefits them!
4. Why you?: With so many agents, why should someone choose you, rather than others? What is your basic philosophy, and does it distinguish you? My trademarked slogan, is I’ll always tell you what you need to know, not just want to hear (TM), which means, my commitment to absolute integrity, and your best interests, differentiates me, from the rest of the pack!
5. Address concerns; answer questions: Welcome questions, and respond thoroughly and completely! If you hope to make yourself, stand out, in a positive manner, you must make them, feel comfortable with you, and believe you will provide unique, client – focused representation!
6. Close: If you provide the previous 5 – steps, you should be, on your way, to securing the listing! However, until/ unless, you ask for it, you won’t close – the – deal! A simple statement, such as, In light of your stated needs and objectives (and state them), and my dedication to the best interests of my clients, doesn’t it make sense, to do the paperwork, to begin the process of getting your home sold, and getting you the best possible price, in the least amount of time, with a minimum of hassle? Doesn’t it? Then wait for their response!
These steps might seem simple and basic, but are time – tested, and effective. Will you make certain, you feel comfortable with this process and procedure?